Sunday 27 April 2014

This and that from fibres and fabrics

I've been shopping. I need to make a dress for myself. There will be very formal celebration with ball in July. Unfortunately they didn't sell updates for dance skills but the fabrics I found. This disco effect looks very 80's. But I will use it just a little bit, like a drop in a blue sea. So it should look more decorous than cheap. I have the design in my head; I just need to make the pattern.

And I have already started from the 1st step. Which is not getting the fabric or the dress itself. All the ladies reading -the 1st step is to buy the underware. You should always get them first and try on the dresses with the wanted underware. The underware change the form of your body which influences also on the dress and how it looks on you and how you look in it.


Today I had yarn moments on sofa. I stitched my secret projet and the yellow heart. I also crocheted a bit BlanketNo2. I was happy to discover it was not that slow anymore. The starting was so desperate slow but now I think I will finish it before Xmas. Yeppee! Still it is slow but not devastating dull.

This is how it looks now from the front side...

...and like this it looks from the back side.

The day has been dry with a blink of the sun. The evening was cloudy but still no water drops. It was perfect weather with tiny wind to do something a bit different.

We went outside and carried two of five bags from the shelter house.

I have bought 20 kilos of ethic produced sheep wool. Today we started to clean them up. We seperated the wools by colours and picked up the white ones and put the dark ones back.

We cleaned the wools and packed them into clean paper bags. They should not be stored in plastic bags because it perishes the fibres. Believe or not but at the moment we are using extremely old garment bags made of paper which we happened to find in good shape!

It is easy to clean the raw wool. Put a clean tarpaulin on the dry ground and wool on it in a pile. Then lift up some wool and it shows its form when you do it gently. There is no need to tear the wool apart. It happens without doing. So, lift a bit and start gently shaking. The trashes drop down easily. Beware off not to shake above the wool pile; to avoid more trash to get into the wool you suppose to be cleaning. You can pick up the straws and other bigger trashes individually by fingertips.

On some other day we will continue this project. Little by little. Later on May we'll take this wool and arctic dog wool into a spinnery to get ethic produced yarn which will be mix of sheep and dog wool.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...