Sunday 13 April 2014

Horse dreams

I have been sewing today. It included fixing few armpits but also making something new. I took the fabrics I bought over a month ago and made two horse themed pillows of them. They decorate a bed and wish sweet dreams to a horse lover.

These horse pillows are my own design. They are made of printed fabric that has several different kind of horse figures. The star blanket under the pillows is old and I have bought it from a shop. It is coincidence that both blanket and the cotton fabric used in pillows happen to have similar star theme. I had to buy that fabric for the pillows because they look like from the same collection. The quilt is from 1999 when I made it from old curtains I had got from different persons for a toddler. Also it is my own design.

This is how the pillows look from the back side. It is ok to use them in both sides despite the front side looks better in my opinion. When I make decoration pillows I use zippers, buttons or velcro to close the cases proper to keep the inner pillows inside. These buttons are recycled.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...