Tuesday 29 April 2014

Blue and white lace


To run away from the spring cleaning I really needed to go to the fabric shop to buy material for the living room curtains. I didn't find the right fabric at my last weekend fabric shopping. Now I went to another shop and there it was in a sale basket. Well done! Just 5€ per meter. I have never before seen any other colour lace fabric curtains than different shades of white. Perhaps somewhere else -not so backward- it is common to use all the shades in lace fabric but no, not in the windows located deep north. But soon there will be some in my windows.

I bought also some white velcro and lace. No, I am not going to use them for the curtains. :) But they are very useful to have at home. You never know when you need them.

Tomorrow I will sew the curtains and later on will teach you how to make simple styled curtains by yourself. Just to save money. My aunt used to moan she can sew only straight seams. I said there are no any others; they all supposed to go straight. :)

Because the evening turned like this I had to go back to my spring cleaning project and forget the burning need to sort out more raw wool. Yes, there is still snow. Today we got more snow and even hails. But today I also saw the first rainbow for this year so I know; summer is comming and soon the whole sun will be all mine -day and night. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...