Wednesday 7 May 2014

Lasting things

Despite it is May and my Garden has still a bit of snow and ice the green things want to break through. At the end they all just want to live.

We got hail again...

...but it didn't stop me gardening...
...neither it was able to wither the ones that enthuse over the spring itself.
I love tulips. I have many of them. This is how they look today.

The spring made me to think us crafters. Many people dream to live forever in the meaning their reputation being immortal. But have you ever been thinking about it that the craft you make can stay longer than your body? This rug is made by someone decades ago and she has not been among us for many years. Still we can feel her close to us. We can see the things she has made. When we want to be near her we can lay down and remember how she touched these fibres like the fibres touch us now.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...