Tuesday 5 May 2020

Tasty gluten free bread

Gluten free products are always more expensive than other products. You can save a lot by baking your own gluten free bread. But how to make it tasty? I have share my own gluten free GarlicBread and GarlicLovesCheese TeaBread recipes. Today I don't share recipes but tips how to make your own tasty gluten free bread. You just need the basic gluten free flour mix.

You can spice the dough what ever you find from the cupboards. Just spice the dough when it still is quite wet so that the spices will mix out well.

I have a proper kitchen garden of my own. The arctic climate limits a lot what I can grow. Some plagues are actually very healthy and excellent herbs. Nettle is one of them. Especially nettle seeds are very healthy. It is easy to pick up fresh nettles and dry them like the fireweed (see the link below) or just wait until the seeds are matured and pick up the seeds and let them dry more. If you dry it, it doesn't sting. Just use cloves when you harvest it.

Fireweed is my favorite. I harvest it every year and have blogged how to dry it and handle it. The same idea works with the nettle. You can add the herbs available: rosemary, thyme, basilica, oregano... what ever you have.

When you are on gluten free diet you need to make sure you get fibers. I love buckwheat, in this way. Buckwheat flour, if you add  it a lot (more than half) makes the bread taste poor or bad (my opinion). Buckwheat flour is a good base in bread because when you add a bit it starts the process in the dough with the yeast. I add whole buckwheat over the bread and it gets roasted in the oven and turns out very tasty.

I always save the left over cheese for baking. When you add it over the buckwheat you get even more tasty cover for the bread.

This is how you can make it. First you need the dough spiced with herbs...

Then add some seeds, buckwheat or perhaps olives...

If you use cheese you don't need to add any oil or butter into the dough.

It all looks as tasty as it is.

Let it cool down covered by a baking towel.

To avoid it to get too dry cut it always from the both ends. Cut only the slices you are going to eat immediately. Notice, it needs to be cool enough to be able to cut it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...