Sunday 31 January 2016

Gluten Free GarlicLovesCheese TeaBread

Starting from January 2016 The Social Insurance Institution of Finland (KELA) has decided to terminate dietary grant for persons with coeliac disorder and no longer new awards of the dietary grant will be made. They do it to because of savings and ensure equal treatment of persons with different illnesses or injuries. They forget diet is only treatment for coeliac disease otherwise other diseases are medicated too. The decision discriminates instead of promoting equality; especially when you find out that gluten free products cost at least 10 times more compared to normal products (here we are talking about for example flours and breads).

It is not a secret I have coeliac disorder. I am not worried about me. I have a job. I can cope and follow my extremely strict diet without dietary grant. But I do know some people will have difficulties to do so and there are other countries where no such a thing than dietary grant was never available. To support those people who will have difficulties to follow their diet I start to publish my own gluten free recipes here on my blog. Baking makes it all always cheaper. I already published Gluten Free Potato Cakes just for fun last July.


Here comes GarlicLovesCheese TeaBread

Just add and mix in the following order

5dl warm water
11g dry yeast
1dl cottage cheese
1dl sour cream
1-3 crushed garlic clove
½ teaspoon salt
6dl white gluten free flour mix (I use Semper FinMix)

Grated cheese on top
Oil to grease the muffin tray holes

Fry in 200 Celsius degrees oven for approx 16min

The dough is loose and you need to spoon it into the muffin tray. Share the dough even with all 24 holes.

Just fill half of the holes and cover dough by cheese.

Oh what a good breakfast or tea time moment you can have!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...