Wednesday 22 March 2023

SewAway

On Valentine's Day 2023 I received my 1st ever gift from him. Since that I have desired to sew a case for them. Now I designed and sew it. The case is padded. 

To make the case I wanted to use very special materials. The fabulous sewing themed quilt fabric I received as a gift from my dear friend in UK. The ribbon and closing for the case I have bought from Karnaluks when visiting Tallinn, Estonia. The button has the date 1993 on which I graduated from high school. Reading for the exams and waiting for the results and celebration included a lot of crafts.

The bias tape is a bargain I made years ago. I bought the whole pack of it in ridiculous small amount of money. Some is still left. I was very poor then and very happy to have it so cheap! I still can remember the feeling!

The lining is Laura Ashleys' rose fabric. At my teens I spent all my savings to buy the fabric and make full length curtains of it. It was something very special at my teens: Laura Ashley from UK with rose garden print by the arctic!!!! The fabric shop owner didn't give me any discount despite advertised, so I had to walk home half of the way (5km) because after shopping there was not enough money left for the whole bus ride. I had the correct amount for the full price and some extra but she said I had to buy some extra because otherwise she won't sell it to me because then all she has left is just a stupid piece of fabric of which none can do anything. I am happy that shop was taken down in a year. This is the last piece of the curtains that's left after 30 years. I have wanted to create something special and eternal of it for myself. It reminds me about my dreams but also it that children and teens are real customers and should be sever with respect.

The little piece of black-white felt at top right corner is a piece of felt I received as a gift from another friend. It stands there to hold some needles/pins and reminds about that friendship. Hope she is doing just fine.

If my initials are T.S. what E.H. stands for? She is my great-mother-in-law who passed away on 2010. She was very skillful at crafts and did also embroidery at her earlier years.  I inherit several hand made table cloths and craft materials from her. This embroidery is the last remaining one that's left and I have wanted to use it same like that Laura Ashleys's rose fabric you see on the pic. 

Hand made with love -ribbon is also a gift from a beloved friend. So special and something you can't find here where I live. The last pieces of it for a special place to stay forever with me.

And when I close it again it is like a warm hug from a friend. I just love this case. It holds many important and needed memories and items. It is a true feelgood craft.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...