Thursday 30 March 2023

FurSlippers

See how beautiful fur slippers I designed and made. I used old fur coat so the slippers are actually recycled and very environmental friendly in many ways and part of my sustainable life style. Only new thing for the slippers are the decorative ribbon and sewing thread. I used the same ribbon for example for my padded sewing case. Because we are living by the arctic in an old house and want to save the energy to save the nature, we need something to keep our feet warm when walking on the chilly floors on the cold season. Recycled fur slippers are an excellent choice for that.

Many people are against the fur these days because of the animal rights. And that is quite right thing to do. It is important to understand animal rights and fur are part of my indigenous Forest Sámi culture. I grew into it since I was born. As a small child I learnt to re-use and recycle because it is a strong part of my Forest Sámi culture. We kept on doing so despite of the modern disposable culture "shop, use & throw away" where things or relationships are not meant to last. Already as a child I learnt natural materials last longer than a human life. So does fur coats which are today excellent material for sustainable lifestyle to protect oneself from the cold.

Last Saturday we had again the annual Earth Hour (25.3.2023) which importance is to raise awarness for the issue. You know I've been talking about the environmental issues every now and then and shared some energy saving tips last autumn because of the energy crisis. I must tell you iron stove fan and tiles have worked better than I've expected. It feels warmer with the less fire wood. It gets warm faster. Because of the tiles the warmth stays longer. I warmly recommend this option to those who have a change for it. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...