Sunday 7 July 2024

ForestSámiSummerExpo2024

This year Forest Sámi Summer Expo was held 5.-7.7.2024 in Kittilä. I wore in my summer costume which I made for the 80th jubilee at work. I knew the Forest Sámi expo is coming on soon, so I knew I will wear the dress there too... and in many other occasions in the future. 

Our social media team had arranged the red carpet where you can be photographed (done) or/and take a selfie (done). 

We could have stayed with Sámi friends but because I was travelling with my +70 yrs young mom who prefers a bit more comfortable sleeping I booked us in at legendary HulluPoro, Levi. Me or mom have never stayed there despite being in Levi for several times over the decades. I've been recommended HulluPoro by a friend who has stayed in Levi for several times because of work issues. I was told it has an excellent breakfast and they serve safe gluten free options in many ways. At breakfast the waitress even came to ask if they could bring anything for me from a freezer because of my special diet. She said she has a special permission to do so if the selection in the dining room is not enough.💚

My big environmental sin is to have a bath when I travel if it is possible. In HulluPoro I managed to have a room with a bath tube for us. 

In Finland we usually don't have bath tubes at home. We have saunas and showers. Jaguzzi has become more popular nowadays but we don't have it because it needs a huge amount of water and energy to keep it warm by the arctic and energy and chemicals to keep it clean. So, for the 1st and last time I've been in a jaguzzi was in Svalbard 2018. And for the last time I've been in a bath tube that was in December in Prague 2018 and before that in January in Tallinn, Estonia 2018. So, my bath tube adventures are very rare so I cherish it on very special moments because hot baths do so good both to my mental and physical well being despite it is a huge waste of water and energy. 

Despite I love it and could have it at home I don't, because of FashionNOW. I love it so much that I dream about it every now and then, but then I put the idea of it aside -despite of the temptation- and remember I will get into one on some day again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...