Sunday 16 July 2023

Weld

This time it was time for yellow. I used weld (reseda) for our own AAW yarn. Yes, I dry the dyed wool in the sun. Some people say it fades the shades, the others say it doesn't. Well, I say it is true, sun fades the shades. I use sun for bleaching white textiles and spots in some other. But it doesn't happen in a minute. And if it does it is only good. 

It is true. After placing the dyed material to dry, very soon the shade may fade away. Some people avoid fading by avoiding the sun. Why I don't? Because I do use my woollen clothes also in sunlight. Around here the sun is extra hard on spring time. By the arctic the spring time is cold compared to Central European, or South Finland. My spring means minus Celsius degrees. I may ski or go for a dog sled ride wearing pullover on top, facing the sun light. The leg parts of the woollen socks face the sun always at spring time. So, it is nice to know beforehand to which state the shades fade before knitting anything of them. Sometimes the shades fade a bit, sometimes more than a bit, usually not at all. But when they do fade I am only happy because then I see how they truly look. Besides, if the color is not fastened it will fade away no matter is there sun light or not.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...