Friday 7 July 2023

NHS

In July 2023 I encourage you to read a book that tells about Europe. I read for the challenge This Is Going to Hurt by Adam Kay (in Finnish, audio book, free try out month by Nextory as a customer bonus from Nordic Green Energy from which we have bought our electricity since... when they started to operate in Finland)

I chose this item as a book that tells about Europe. I realized I mostly read the books that are somehow connected to Europe, perhaps because it is my home continent even tough I live by the arctic. 

Great Britain is a place about which National Health Service I can often read about in my labour union's magazine where they introduce Finnish nurses that have moved to work aboard (I am also a physiotherapist). Nothing but good is told about compared to our nurses' wages or benefits at work life. So, when choosing this book I expect to hear incredible and amusing stories told by a doctor. What surprised me was the working conditions of NHS doctors. If there is the truth, at time when Adam Kay worked as a doctor, it seems they don't get paid for the hours that get over their weekly hours (40 hours) and still it is impossible to say "No, I go home".  None of us wants the doctors would operate and care us with so little sleep and resting time. Sometimes it sounded like a slaughterhouse. I know it is written with a comedy aspect but there's a truth behind every joke. 

This book is not suitable for children or persons at early teens. It is not suitable for persons who don't like to read about blood. It is also good to know that Adam Kay worked in baby business, it means he helped out to deliver the babies into this world. It is messy and bloody, not always happy. That's why I neither recommend this book for pregnant ladies, not at least for the 1st time. Not in any case for women who have never been pregnant, no matter are the planning or not to be in the future. It might be a bit traumatic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...