Sunday 28 July 2019

SilkRibbonEmbroidery

Believe or not but this is MyFirstEver SilkRibbonEmbroidery! I had a kit as a gift. It is designed by Crafty Ribbons. I think the print on the fabric is pretty enough to be used without any embroidery.

According to the instructions I used stem stitches for the stems. Stem stitch actually is one of MyFavourite embroidery stitches.

For the next step I needed MyStitch Dictionary. The leaves should have been embroidered by long stitches but I considered them not the best possible outfit for them. I found two alternatives; thorn stitch or...

...attached fly. I chose this one and made the right decision. As you can see I've been naughty and written on the book...

You can see how well attached fly stitches work with the leaves. As the original plan, I used long straight stitches and French knots for the stamens.

At this point the project still looked so great that I wondered if should I use the silk ribbon embroidery at all.

But I did. I still am not sure am I pleased with my silk ribbon embroidery skills or not. I just have to remind MySelf about the fact that this is MyFirstEver try at silk ribbon embroidery.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...