Sunday 2 August 2015

Stitch Dictionary

We are going to have book sessions here at my blog in the future. It is because the financial things are still going downwards and I know many are stuggling with daily issues. We are used to it that the industry feeds us with the idea craft making must cost. Despite the original idea was to save money and recycle.

In the future I am going to introduce you my bookshelf and even more if needed. That is because then you will find out what kind of these books are, are they useful for you, worth of buying (new or old) or just worth of peeking in at the local library.

 
I am using the original names of the books and English & Finnish ones too if they are translated. That's because book covers may look different despite the contents are the same. The original name you can find from the first pages of the book. When you are tracking a book, use the author's name and then check it up with the title.

 The 1st book to introduce is my bible:
Stitch Dictionary by Lucinda Ganderton
(Finnish: Pykäpistoista linnunsilmiin)

I have talked about it before but want to lift it up again because it is such a great production. I used the copy of the library for years until I bought my own version at e-bay. And I was very naughty to customise it especially just for me and my very own use. There has not been a second of regret of doing it what I did. 

All worth of buying if you stitch a lot or just want to learn. This book has it all. No charts, no samples, just the stitches and information how to do them all. If you like just cross stitches perhaps this book makes you curious and fall in love with many others.

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...