Wednesday 28 October 2015

EasyPenCase -tutorial

This time I wanted to stitch something small designed by someone else. So I picked up my magazines and ended up to this.

I chose Fiona Crouch design from Cross Stitcher issue 273 (December 2013) on page 56.

I used my left over threads of blue (DMC 775, 3325 and 312) and pink (DMC 818). I stitched it on left over Aida 14CT fabric.

DMC 312 was for the back stitches. I like them. For many times they crate the final touch.

But Fiona Crouch's design was not all I needed. I wanted to personalize the stitching. So here we needed some Taija design. This time I was old fashioned and used some pen and paper.

Ta-dah! Personalized Tag!

 When I was re-upholstering the massage table some Faux Leather (artificial leather) was left over. I of course kept it all. Now I used some bits of it to make a PenCase. I cut a hole into one piece by a carpet knife. First I draw exact size of square I needed on the back side of the leather. Then I used ruler when cutting the square to keep exact straight lines. Then I placed Aida behind the leather and used sewing machine to fasten these two fabrics together.

Then I re-formed the edges of the tag by special scissors. Try out the scissors at first on left over fabric before starting the cutting. Just in case it dosn't cut it at all at the end.


For the PenCase I needed 23 x 31 cm size piece of Faux Leather. I fasteded the tag on the place I wanted.

Then I fastened the upper edge of the zipper. Zipper size is 20cm.

Then I fastened the lower edge of the zipper and sew the side edges of the PenCase.


But no, it was not finished yet. The zipper needed a pull. I made it from beads. And the side edges needed some trimming too.

The PenCase is my own design like the personalized stitching but the heart figure stitching if designed by Fiona Crouch.

This is very easy way to make a PenCase. The tutorial works fine with real leather, faux leather, plastic fabrics and felt. Ready to make easy and low cost Christmas gifts?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...