Monday 25 July 2016

Enjoying about the Summer

 
This year strawberries have been ridiculous expensive at the shops and market places. On the other day the price was 45,90€ / 5kg box! I boycott this kind of exploitation! No way I could pay that price. Especially because it is not even organic! I usually buy 20kg of strawberries on the market place but not any single kg on this year. The price I have before paid has been 16- 20 € / 5kg. The price has really exploded this year. They seem to have good reasons to lift up the price; also by creating hysterics about it how bad the crop has been. They complain about it every year.

This year we get satisfied only with our own strawberry harvest. The strawberry yield of MyOwnGarden is approximately 5kg. If it is a good year it could be more. I see no difference in my crop  this year compared to the previous. Some years I have got less strawberries from MyGarden than this year. My crop is just normal!

So, we are enjoying MyOwnGarden fresh strawberries on this summer and will just collect more other berries for the coming winter. In Finnish diet berries play big part what comes to get vitamins over the winter season.

As I told the weather has been excellent. We have washed some carpets and rugs. This is easy and cheap way of doing it in your garden. It demands a bit of power but He and MrW was there to help me out. According to the dirtiness let the carpets soak in the water at least half an hour; more if needed... few would be enough. Every now and then rub & scrape the carpet. For me it is easier to step over it and ask someone just to turn the carpet around at some point. I am too small and weak for another way of action. This stepping does just fine as long as you avoid accidents. My carpets had dog and cat vomit accidents. Seemed like they had a wild party night!!! No spot was left when this was done.

The rinse was done buy borrowed pressure washer. With that machine you need to be careful and watch out not to damage the carpets. Just the most sensitive mode, the one you can use for car washing, is enough. Garden hose is practical option too.

I have finally bought loom of my own. Thanks to my relatives because of that! I have washed all the parts now on my terrace in the sun. The loom is indoors now and waits to be built up!

It is weird how your hands remember things. It has been years since I worked with looms. At first it seemed out just a pile of wood. Suddenly it started to form out. At first my hands touched the parts and then my brains begun to get the picture. Without guide book I remembered which part was which and where it belonged to!

PS! Notice that despite I got my loom in pieces and bags I took them immediately out. In a very short time the wood surface begins to get mold spots because of the moisture caused by the temperature difference of the wood inside the bag and air outside the bag. These spots do no harm but look very untidy and ugly.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...