Wednesday 6 April 2016

Anne's valise

Anne of Green Gables is still at rehabilitation but her valise is here. We put her stuff in a plastic bag and carried home. When I started to sort it all out I felt I was again By the treasure box.

Also the instruction book was there. A bit torn and one page missing; but still there: available.

I was happy to find MyGranny's old thimble. It is size 15. Exactly the one I've been seeking and seeking. Mine is 16 and that is the smallest I have found. It just is too big for my finger when it is cold and chilly.

I also found old needles, pins, buttons, lace, embroidery thread and sewing thread. Even the KEY was there.

I hardly can wait to get Anne back home. See, she really is Husqvarna automatic. Some embroidery should be able to be done by her! No wonder my mom told Anne was very modern and automatic when my granny bought her.

Can you see the odd metallic thing on the corners of the picture above. On the lower corners? It took me for a while to understand what it was. Then I realized each pair of my riding trousers have one to lock up the zipper; like button! :)

I also fund and old jewel of mine. I had forgot it a life time ago. But when I saw it I remembered it. I made it on one art camp when I was not at my teens yet; I think I was around 8-10 years. Later on that summer it got broken and they promised to fix it. It was still there but unfixed. My dear hubby promised to fix it for me and make the leather cords for it which it had but is lost now. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...