Wednesday 2 March 2016

BubbleSocks

I found fabulous and extremely interesting yarn. It is Sublime's lusturous extrafine merino dk yarn. It looks all plastic and just fake fibers. It feels extremely warm and soft. Also the shades are delicious. That's why I picked it up from a sale basket at my local yarn shop. I was surprised to notice the yarn consist of 67% extra fine merino wool and 33% of nylon (25g = 95m). The yarn has been made in interesting way. The merino wool seems to be locked up inside a web formed by nylon. I love it! I just love it!

I used the shades 332 Laurelie (grey), 335 Peridot (green), 291 Hush (very light pink) and 294 Folie (pink)

I went into the yarn shop because I had something in my mind. I wanted to knit BubbleSocks for Me&MySelf. This is how BubbleKnit looks at the back side. Have you ever tired it out? If not and don't know how to don't worry; later on I will put up tutorial about MosaicBubble Stitch.

I am very curious to see how this yarn will withstand wearing. They should; according to the ingredients. There should be 15-25% of polyamide or something else mixed with wool to make the yarn withstand wearing. But here the nylon is like a thin web around the wool. I have never tried it out mixed in this way.

These my own design BubbleSocks will be MyOfficialVisitSocks.

Rest of the time they will be waiting as folded for special occasions to see MyFriends.

They are not very thick but still feel very warm. I knit also tiny SingleCables to decorate the socks. The Cables are so small that they come clear out only when wearing.

Oh! Just look at those legs. They are not mine even I would love to claim for sure they are! But no, I am too honest; so I must tell they belong to a model. :)






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...