Tuesday 4 November 2014

CandyKnit

 Do you still remember that I had Date With Eva? What we did? This is what we did...

It is my own design. It is PolarBearScarf.

There is different kind of PolarBear at each end.

It is a CandyKnit. My version for the competition which is organized by Pirkka, Fazer and Novita. Three Finnish companies from different sectors. All the works will be seen at Suomen kädentaidot -expo (Finland's arts and crafts) in Tampere on 14. - 16.11.2014 where everyone can vote their favourite design.

I used Novita Wool yarn (100% wool, 50g = 135m) for the mint green base back ground and white polar bear embroideries. Novita Säde yarn (58% acryl, 28% polyester, 7% mohair and 7% polyamide, 50g = 205m) I used white decoration crocheting (the edges and the flower styled snow flakes). For the French Knot eyes I used blue Novita's 7 veljestä yarn (75% wool and 25% polyamide, 150g = 300m).

I was inspired by this bag of sweets. It includes many different kind of candies and is suitalble also for people like me -with coeliac disease.

I love this candy bag.
I love polar bears.
I love these polar bear candies...
...because of the taste,
shade and wrap.

My very own CandyKnit!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...