Tuesday 24 June 2014

Summer solstice time

Our MidSummer time was the coldest in 30 years! So, I am still wearing my woollen socks. My weather has been something most people call winter. But still I am enjoying about the summer. The sun shines all day and night. The warmth just disappeared... MidSummer celebration at summer solstice time is as big fest as Christmas (Yule) around the winter solstice here in Finland. (By the way, we call them juhannus and joulu... )

I have spent my days sewing...

Did you know that some fabric shops can print you (for free) the fabric information so you don't need to remember it all?

I started to create my evening dress for the special celebration in July.


I had to pick up very old pattern...

...to make the piece to see how it fits or does not at all. The result was -after ten years- it still fits. Yeppee, it makes it all easier! So I had to make only the design changes to the pattern. :) WOW, I am so happy!

So I re-draw the pattern with the desired changes.

I cut it all.

And I prepaired it all for sewing. I will make the dress, shawl and evening bag.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...