Sunday 1 June 2014

Harvest Day

It was a big day today. Well, everyone didn't think so. I was accused cruelty against animals by Little Lady. For several times she asked how on earth I can do so. But still I used Fiskars' hair cut scissors and did my job.

We sheared little bunny girls and Gynter. From the picture you can see the hair is really cut, not torn with the root from the skin. I was surprised how much hair fits in one Angora Rabbit. We all still need to wait for a long time to see finished crafts of this wool. We will collect them all and save. After a year we'll have enough to send it all to a spinnery to get woollen yarn.

It was really hairy thing to do. But luckily I have brand new hair removal brush.

It has a special hollow where all the hair goes.

We put the hair removed from clothes outside. It is for the birds and their nesting chores.

Yes, I know, he looks terrible. But I show you this to prove we really cut the hair off instead of torturing them by tearing it all off. It was my very first time doing this so I didn't dare to cut extremely close the skin. Gynter has approximately ½-1½cm long hair at the moment. I was surprised how small he -at the end- is. You can see him for example at Big Furry Adventure in his long hair. Later on my abilities on shearing Angora Rabbits will get better. :)

Little Viola is here in her new short fur. Awful job, I know. But it didn't hurt them at all.








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...