Saturday 29 March 2014

Earth Hour Day!

Today the morning started very early again; at 5.13 am. Well, there's one good thing about it -more craft! At the early hours I was stitching my Project eternity. The light was bright and I hardly needed the electric lights.
 

It is Earth Hour day but at this time of the year being so close to both Arctic Circle and North Pole we anyway need so little electric light that having Earth Hour at home feels just ridiculous. Because of our location we hardly use lights during the summer season. And still around here the biggest problem is heating up the buildings. That's why I turned off the heating system at the veranda today. 

When I had the heating on at veranda the green house effect and basic electric heating system together raised the temperature to +22 Celcius degrees during the last 5-7 days. It felt heavenly after the coldest season temperatures (12-15 Celsius degrees). 

Turning off the electirc heating system means return to cooler basic temperatures, but that's 100% solar energy. On the winter time we hardly see the sun at all because of the polar nights but we always get it replaced. Already the sun shines more than 12 hours per day. And very soon -despite of turning off the heating system- I can bring my crafts back to veranda!

 

I started to knit for Miss N her 1st birthday gift. It is my own design especially for her from the left over yarn which actually has travelled all the way from Makedonia via Kosovo to me. I am not going to tell what it is going to be but you'll see more photo's of it later because little Miss Hertta doesn't know how to use the computer yet. :)


Today I also was taking inspiration pictures for my designs. I photographed around the horse stables. When I am going around, travelling and visiting places I carry my camera with me to get memo photos and inspiration pics. I may record the items, ideas, colours, feelings etc. Later they can be very useful. I may keep them for years before going back to the moments I recorded.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...