Friday 4 October 2024

TieDye

I made tie-dye for my grandchild as request. For the purpose I bought 2 white t-shirts. I add funny patches which I have received from a friend as a gift. These t-shirts would do just fine without any extra decoration. I add them anyway to personalize even more the t-shirts and make them easy to separate from all the other similar t-shirts which other kids would wear. In this way it is easy even for a toddler to find her own shirt.

I used natural dyes. This shade is from the legs of Surprise Webcaps (Cortinarius semisanguineus). It was a real surprise because it dyes always yellow for wool. This is cotton and looks like milk chocolate!

For the other t-shirt I used more ties and different patch for the decoration. This is size 104 cm. The brown one is size 96 cm. Tie-dye is very interesting, fun and easy!

The lilac pink shade is created by cochineal. It looks like frosty pink sugar! He said He could wear similar, so cool it looks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...