Sunday 30 June 2024

Experiences

It is time of Garden Lupines and experiments. I have tried out few ways of plant dyeing by lupines and had some experiences how the different shades are made of. 

I have dyed yellow and...

...blue of them. I made blue also last summer. At the moment there is another experiment going on about it in my kettle. And next one in the following days. 

Today I drove to Rovaniemi and went to see two exhibitions at Arktikum (The Regional Museum of Lapland). 

Season of Colours  exhibition is about natural dyes and technology. It is made by Colour4CRAFTS -research project and is at Arktikum until 18.8.2024. If you are anywhere around and interested about crafts it really is worth of seeing. If not, follow the project, I am sure they will put up other exhibitions too.

Another interesting exhibition in Arktikum is Life and Death from the Late Iron Age to the Middle Ages. It is Arktikum's own exhibition. It is temporary but it stays until 1.6.2025. It presents the latest research and information in Lapland history. If you are not coming around but got interested, you can order a book about it in Arktikum museum shop. I bought my own copy (18€) today, already read it and am very satisfied about it. It supports the information received in the exhibition.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...