Saturday 28 January 2023

MyTime

One of my dearest hobbies is making jigsaw puzzles. It has been almost two years since I had time for puzzles for the last time.

I received this turtle puzzle as a gift from my dear friend far too many months ago. It has been waiting in its bag on my desk since that. I started January 2023 with this.

I love the smart cut pieces of it. Finding the right piece is always a pleasure. When you realize it has a very special shape it brings extra joy!

In January I started -and was able to complete- another jigsaw puzzle. This one has 1000 pieces. There are several things that enchants me in making jigsaw puzzles. 

The first charming thing in jigsaw puzzles are the details. They say the devil lives in the details. But I love the details. At museum you would never investigate a piece of art as long as you spent with it when making a puzzle that represents it. You find all the wonderful details you would miss when just walking by or admiring it for a moment.

The second charming thing is mindfulness. I always make puzzles in silent. My mind just rests in it. It makes so good on my mental health. It is like mindfulness and meditation.

The third charming reason is to make something absolutely vain, unnecessary and useless. In this world we must always be so damn productive and efficient. It feels so good to take the finished jigsaw puzzle back to 1000 pieces and just wipe away the hours you spent on it. It is like a secret of lazy unproductive moments you sneaked to do and could not care less. Of  course it makes good to your mind, heart and soul in this busy busy world.

This Polish Trefl's puzzle is good quality. It is Winter Landscape by Dominic Davison. The sky is always a bit challenging but still very satisfying. 

I already picked up another jigsaw puzzle to work with. I started this set of two with YoungLady in spring 2021. The pack includes Czes Pachela`s Christmas Village and Macneil's Ice Skating on The Pond.

We just started Christmas Village but had to stop quite soon. It has been in the box like this since that. Now I will finish it.

At the end, the true reason for me making jigsaw puzzles is to make TheCat sit on them! Every now and then we have a strict conversations about it can She do so or not. The best ever solution for the cat tail wipe problems, playful paws and fast & sudden runs over it all is the storage box set Santa Claus brought me on Yule 2022! It is so easy to work with the puzzle (and TheCat) now when I have these puzzle boxes! I used to use all kind of kitchenware plastic boxes but these are absolutely the most practical ones!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...