Saturday 3 December 2016

SomeBunnyTime

 
Yesterday I sheared the angoras. For a week they had been nagging at me and intimidate me by animal rescue patrol if they can not get rid of their coats. It all looked like it is just going to fall off. But of course it won't. They were still eating well but the time had arrived.

I cut it all down to 1-2 cm but left them two hand size coat over their backs. I needed to cut it down because it looked annoying them all so much. But because we live in North Finland and for example today the temperature has been -12 Celsius degrees I had to leave something on them.

They all are so happy now and jump around satisfied because the thick heavy wool is not on anymore. But to me they all look like silly funny hedgehoogs! ☺

I did brush all the long wool I left and got some wool off to make the coat be thinner. When the sheared parts grow up a bit I can cut off the coat. Or if it gets warmer for a week; meaning around zero temperature.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...