Friday 2 September 2016

AutumnBag

Several years ago I got a beautiful gift from a friend. She had stitched me a wall hanging. Later it turn out I was not the only one to like about it. TheCat turn out to have weird obsession to it. At the end I had to took it away from the wall and keep it hidden to make it to be safe. Since that it has been in my sideboard.

 I have been thinking and thinking what to do whit it so that it could be around but safe from TheCatClaws. Now I finally figured it out! Anne of Green Gables needs another bag with CoffeeBagPatchwork.

See, Anne has got new power line. From the 1st pics you can see the old was green and this new on is much longer and white. No matter was the power line short or long it has a risk to be squashed in the treadle sewing machine cabinet between the machine and cabinet. It is very rare that a treadle swing machine has a power line but mine does. I have noticed it would be very practical if the power line would have a bag to keep it safe.

I realized I could make the bag from the pretty wall hanging DearM stitched for me. Now I finally can see it often and use it, hold it and just admire it. And TheCat can do nothing about it anymore!

I used velcro to close the bag just in the middle. In this way -if I need just a little bit of the power line- the rest can stay rolled up in the bag! Very useful idea.

DearL gave me some old fabric which I fould very suitable with this beautiful stitching whose designer I don't know.

These two very important bags of Anne fit in the cabinet with Her very well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...