Sunday 6 December 2015

ColorfulChristmas

This is Raanu. It is traditional Finnish craft. It's a rug made to be hang on the wall; used also as blanket. It has usually cotton warp and woollen weft. This is not my own design. Not even made by me. I got this from someone who had got it from somebody. At the end none wants to have it but someone knew I desire one.

So I had a job to be done. I want both ends look like this. No fringes.

So I cut the fringes to be just 2 cm tall. I folded them with the edge and hide behind the fold.

Then I tacked it all to be similar with the other end.

But what I will do with it? Well, I have changed my mind. I will use it as a Christmas Tree Rug despite it has no plastic lining. But I have decided that is ok because this is wool so it still protects our wooden floor of getting wet if pouring too much water for the tree. Yes, we always have real Christmas Tree. Later on we'll see how this all will look together.

We wish you Colorful Christmas!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...