Tuesday 15 July 2014

Pin it!

I have slowly and desperately been travelling to the point that my pincushion is useless. It has been very important to me because it was a gift from my child when she was a little schoolgirl. But, life goes on and years pass by. That's why I needed to draw few more patterns. Again my own design.

Here's patterns for few different kind of pincushions. This time I have been making square ones.

Designing them includes also searching perfect materials. I wanted to make partly recycled pincushions.

I found old fabrics and unused lace.

 I went to seek more from my treasure box.

This is something new. I bought it from Sisustus Laventeli on my journey to Hamina earlier on this summer. 

(That was adorable decoration shop in which I wanted to move in. Best in it all was that it was small and cosy and then when I understood I had seen it all the lady told there's the attic too! Oh my, oh my...)

 So I sew them all.

 I turned them around.

 I had memories and dreams.

 I re-arranged them and saw what all I had done.

Actually I made 37 of them. One for me and the rest for the others (to be sold or given away).

 A little bit of JeansStyle.

 A little bit of LaceStyle.

 A little bit of GirlyStyle.
(This ribbon is a left over from the dress I made years ago.)

 A little bit of NostalgicStyle.
(This ribbon is from a bedding my mother sew in her youth.)

A little bit of AdventurousStyle.
(Left over fabric from my previous sewing.)

A little bit of RomanticStyle.
(This is The Laura Ashley fabric from the old curtains.) 

(One of these goes to my DearFriend M. at TheFarm. She has shared many inspiring moments about gardening with me.)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...