Sunday 18 August 2013

Robbery

For some weeks I've been seeking the Mounting Tape for my craft projects. You know; that strong, double-stick foam tape which is 19mm thick. It's great help to crate 3D effects on you card projects for example.

Well, the availability is limited. 19mm x 1,5m costs 4,50€-6,50€ at local craft stores / departments (means area 120km far away from me). I was sure that was far too high price. The prices have increased a lot lately if the product is sold as a craft material because it is a hot trend. Unfortunately nowadays craft reminds me about those sports you can't do without expencive equipment. That is so wrong because before the basic idea of craft making was recycling and creating something new with low costs or something the shop didn't even sell!

So I kept on seeking and I was right. There, at one home improvement department was sale 18mm x 10m Mounting Tape pack which costed just 2,50€! Compaired to this the previous prices were just attempt of robbery! You should always keep your eyes open when seeking materials and going through also the other than craft stores!

I had also a problem in seeking white frame. I didn't find any so I bought wooden one and painted it in white.

This is a basic craft store frame with glass. It's made of oak but unfortunately I needed just white. This oak frame was on sale and white ones were not available. So I bought the oak wood frame which I painted in white at home. I needed just one little 15ml bottle of white paint. The frame size is 20x30cm and I painted the right side for 4 times and the back side twice. The glass was impossible to take off during the painting so I covered it with paper to prevent to mess it all up. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...