Thursday 1 December 2011

First day of December

These mittens are the ones I mentioned before. Very proper ones because knitted in three times. The yarn is Fabel superwash I used also with the furry green hat and scarf. This yarn can't be seen so well with the hat and scarf but here you see how does it look.

The problems I had with knitting was that first the mittens were too short, so I had to add more until my Fabel Superwash yarn ran out. It didn't help. They were still too short. So, I went to my yarn box and found very well matching, a bit thicker yarn, which is Novita's Nalle Colori. (Fabel Superwash has 205m / 50g and Nalle Colori has 130m / 50g.) The difference with outlook is so small that you can't notice it if you don't know about it. Nalle Colori begins at the top of the mittens right after the last white-grey stripe. At the end it was actually good I ran out of the yarn because in this way the mittens warm up the fingertips better.

These mittens are for horse riding use. They come under leather mittens with teddy lining. Riding in the frost is cool job to do. I knitted these mittens for tiny hands to give extra protection against frostbittens. It is good idea to use yarn that has different kind of shades so you don't need to change the yarn to get lively and colourful surface on your work. These are my own design but I bet anyone who can knit a bit can create something similar.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...