Friday 2 December 2011

Second day of December

This cute reindeer is from Cross Stitch Favourites magazine. It is a special issue and I was not able to find the year or any date from it but I foud advert of The Stitch and Creative Crafts Shows for the autumn 2007 from it. So, it has to be published before that.

This reindeer is one of three reindeers designed by Jenny Barton and you can find the charts for each from the page 78. In the magazine the reindeers are stitched for mounting them in the same frame. I decided to stitch them on palstic canvas to get cute Christmas tree decorations. I used loose end threads instead of the ones marked with the chart. But the basic idea with the colours is the same. (I have added some metallic thread to the wrapping paper.)

In the magazine is also other series of designs that fit well together. I noticed it is a good idea to stitch one at every Christmas for yourself or to give at someone special. It is also a proper small gift to be sent away with a Christmas card. Postages are low but the gift itself is valuable because stitched with love. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...