Wednesday 26 November 2014

Advent Calendar -tutorial

This tutorial is for easy Advent Calendar. It is my own design and here I show how to make bags into which you can hide small treasures. These bags you can hang on your stitched or sewed calendar. Or just where ever you desire to; the stairs, bed, curtains... set imagination free!

For these bags you need felt, ribbons and buttons... and some sewing skills. :)

But you need to decide the size of the bags you want to make. Mine are 5 x 10cm. Which means I need 1 + 1 = 2cm seam allowances for the width. That's why I drew the pattern sized 7 x 20cm. (Later on I will fold the felt to form out the bag.)

I drew the pattern on the felt and cut it off. Then I measured and marked the place for the button.

By using painted number buttons I avoided a lot of work because I didn't need to sew or stitch the numbers.

I used this yarn to fasten the buttons but any other will do just fine.

I folded the bags (remember this when measuring the place for the button), sew the right edge and measured the place for the loop made of ribbon (these ribbons are cut approximately to 6½cm long, according to the figure on the ribbon). Notice the seam allowances come on the right side of the bags to decorate the edges. Because here is used felt, the edges will stay neat.

Sew also the left edge with the loop. So simple is that. It might be easier just pin the place for the loop instead of trying to pin the loop there too (it might get dislocated). It is easy (be careful not to sew your fingers) to put it on its place while sewing if the right place is pinned.

If you want you can use another ribbon to close up the mouth of the bag.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...