Wednesday, 12 August 2026

FurBlanket No1

Do you remember how I made TrapperHat No1 for Him? Now I took the fox fur coat and made something from its hem. It is my own design.

I took off the lining and wool filling but left everything else there to support the structure.

Then I cut off the hem just under the armpits.

After that I selected the wool fabric shade for the new lining.

Then I cut the new wool lining into its shape and pinned it. You actually should not use pins for the leather or fur because they make permanent holes to the material. In this case I used the pins because the holes can't be seen through the fur and I pinned it in the way that no visible marks left on the leather parts. After pinning I sew it and closed the pockets from the front side.

It is wild fox. You can see it from the facts that the fur is not even and thick all over. You can also notice the shades vary quite a lot. Those are great examples to separate the wild fox from industrially grown fox fur. 

The deep red wool lining matches well with the wild & red fox fur.

It is ready for the winter and snuggle up! 
It is FashionNow.