Sunday, 16 August 2026

45 kg

Lappala arrived into our life in the way She is and has been all these years. She has also plenty of old traditional rag rugs. Last time I brought home for about 45 kg of rag rugs. You know I discovered the self service laundry opening this summer in Kemi. I didn't even try to wash Lappala's rugs by my own hands. I was happy to be able to use the self service laundry.

Now the washed rag rugs are at home. I was so pleased 24 Pesula has also the drying cabinets. At this time of the year when the autumn colors are arriving, drying rugs at home is almost impossible. We have spread the rag rugs around to let them breathe. Breathe? Yep. They should breathe before I roll them up and back into the bags. They were warm when getting out from the drying cabinet. You need to be 110 % sure the textiles are dry until you storage them. Otherwise they start to stink and may even mildew.

But, this is not all. I still have at least another 45 kg of rag rugs in Lappala waiting for to get into the self service laundry! 90 kg of rag rugs is quite many rag rugs. Why Lappala needs so many? You will see that later.đź’™