Tuesday 26 September 2023

Surprise Webcap

In September I have used toxic Cortinarius semisanguineus to dye red and yellow shades. I pick up the whole mushroom and then at home cut it into two parts. 

Its stalk is yellow. If you want to dry it, slice it half to open the stem.

The stems give yellow shades.

The real secret hides under the cap. The caps can be dried as opened.

The caps give red shades.

I dyed both shades of AAW: pale fog blue and snag grey. Three left side shades on the pic are dyed on snag grey. I used dyed also hand spun FinnSheep and Arctic Dog Wool.

Don't try this at home. If you try anyway, remember it is toxic. You need cloves and other protective wears. You can do it only in a place where is excellent air condition. I do it outside on my terrace deck. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...