Wednesday 13 September 2023

Schlumbergeras

I have very old Christmas cactus. I received them 27 years ago when having my first baby. My wish was not to bring flowers into the hospital but taking house plants into our home. My great-mother-in-law gave us four Christmas cactus babies from her very old plants. Which means she had them as big plants already at early 70´s. My cactus have survived from baby attacks, toddler attacks, dog attacks, cat attacks and arctic polar nights. That is something incredible for such exotic plants. And, despite of all the sufferment they bloom every year with joy.

My Schlumbergeras needed new plant hangers. They had old ones which were made for two plants. It´s time to separate them all into individual flower hangers to provide them all more light. I already made two macramé flower hangers. Two more to go. For the decoration I used recycled wooden curtain hangers. For macramé I used Lankava's Paulina eco-friendly chunky twine yarn (80% recycled cotton, 20 % polyester) (1 kg = 170-180 g) (diameter 5 mm). Both flower hangers are different and my own design
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...