Thursday 18 May 2023

PlantPress

This year I received PlantPress as a Mother's Day gift. I have desired it all my life and been pressing plants between book pages. Now I find it reasonable to have a proper plant press because of my new job. I need to make sample works for the next autumn term start. If I use pressed plants it will be unfair not to press extra plants because it will be autumn when the lessons will begin and all the plants faded. This summer I am going to press extra plants for the students just in case. Using a plant press is more reasonable for bigger projects than doing it in the old fashion way: spread the books all around the house.

It is Rico Design Plant Press size S with extra pack of blotting paper. It is made of brown MDF and comes without decoration. I used decoupage to decorate it and make it to be one sample work for the coming courses. First I painted the base by white and only once the make it to look a bit old. Then I used special stickers I've received from a dear friend to decorate the surface. These decoration stickers have glue on the back side but to secure their permanent position I used decoupage glue over them.

I needed several hours and sleep over the night to arrange the flowers over the base. I am very satisfied with the result. I need to sew a storage pack for this so that I can carry it with me in the nature when seeking plants to be pressed. They stay better if I can place them in the press right away instead of carrying them home and do it later. 

If you don't have the plant press you can carry a small book with you and place the plants immediately between the book pages and make sure the book stays tight closed in your bag.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...