Thursday 16 February 2023

TotallyTropical

This is  Durene Jones' design. It is included in Cross Stitcher Magazine #384. A friend of mine gave me pack of kits included with magazines as Christmas 2023 gift. 

This kit came with card and envelope. Instead of making a card of it I decided to make something else of it. For the card I found a perfect picture from my stash. 

I made a biscornu of it. Only once before I've made a biscornu. This one is not actually a pincushion but can be used as one. 

This is scissor keeper. I made one before. After 11 years I still have it despite the tassel needs a bit updating. The design includes cross stitches, half cross stitches, back stitches and long stitches. I added a button to keep up the biscornu shape and a re-used cord to attach it to the scissors.

For the back I used a tiny piece of matching fabric. I had also that in my stash. I really enjoy doing all king of things that need concentration and working with hands! I always say my nerves rest on it despite I am often told it gets on ones nerves when you need to do so exact and precise work for hours! No, my nerves and soul rest on it! I am sure I can find many soul mates!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...