Saturday 3 July 2021

Live on!

 I planted 3 more apple trees because Pii attacked at 4. Ouch! It was those last -still freezing frosty days- when poor Nuka was still injured and need to be taken out in a leash on her own. (At the end Nuka was in her bucket for 30 days PLUS 9 part time days!!!) On those moments Pii's frustration had grown so high that she expressed and boosted it out to MY apple trees. It took just 5 minutes from her to demolish 4 apple trees in my garden. Just 5 mins and 2 were trimmed quite badly and 2 chop-chop-chopped into firewood!!!!

I have learnt at least on thing in my arctic gardening: Everything always wants to live. So I told him not to dig off the apple trees. I told the two badly trimmed ones have good changes to survive but lets try if the chopped ones want to live too. So he cut the chopped ones down to the points where there was no visible damages caused by Pii's extra strong jaws & teeth. I told him to fence the stems to protect the dogs not to get injured on them when running around and to protect the stems from Pii's new possible attack. Then, since that, I have been just weeding and waiting around the demolished apple tree stems. And I am happy to inform, they both are alive. 

Only just in case I removed my new Shedraja cherry shrubs out of Pii's way as soon as my garden was getting free from the frost. It seems I was not able to dig up all the roost so I have been weeding also this tiny start of a new extra sour cherry shrub! I left the hole there because if I had fill it I am sure the dogs had got interested about it and dig it all open -and damage the cherry shrub. It was a genius idea to leave the hole open because now the dogs could not care less about it!!! Bravo!

I need to mention that this year the swallows didn't accept the board for the nest. They arrived in a great hurry and obviously chose the old nesting places. Which unfortunately meant: close to our property I saw a couple going under one roof and a squirrel to follow them and after that I saw no that couple of swallows anymore at all but many squirrel babies few days later coming from under that roof. I hope during the summer new born swallows notice my board and decide to try it on for the next season nesting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...