Wednesday 7 July 2021

Tiny Toilet

On early June we updated our tiny toilet for Ladies and Gentlemen. There is just a small nook for the sink. It is only 25 x 60 cm deep hole because of the chimney wall on the right hand. 

The depth of the sink has been the problem because I didn't want anything popping out. I would just hit my head to it when cleaning! We also needed the type that could stand on something. The previous sink has been fastened to the wall but because the old house is an old house and has faced some renovations before us and one stupid solution when building up the tiny toilet so its the walls don't want to bear any extra weight. The previous sink has worked well but there has always been a tiny concern knocking at my shoulder about it. 

I do support small business and boutique / high street shops but when you live where I do -God bless the internet shops! Thanks to internet we managed to find the sink and cabinet for our tiny toilet. They are not the same series but match & fit well together. The cabinet was meant to be fastened to the wall but he bought 4 standing legs for it to stand on its own feet and support the sink against the floor, not wall.

Tiny toilet has brought us also other kind of concern. The moldings (coving) really challenged our brain function and creative mind when renovating the tiny toilet after moving in. There simply are no straight enough wall/cornes to be able to use wooden molding. A bit after realizing we can't place molding there to neaten it all up I discovered we could use nautical ropes instead of ordinary wooden moldings! They work very well and have bear the time in excellent way. I think it was perhaps my most genius idea fixing the old house. Best in it all is that the ropes are much cheaper than those wooden moldings we normally use!

Because we now had a cabinet for the sink the fabric basket for the toilet paper rolls and the old trash bin under the old sink became useless in tiny toilet. We needed new decorative trash bin because I could not hide it anymore. I wanted to do it low budget because paying 75-100€ just for a trash bin -or any other such a thing- feels ridiculous. That's why I went to local super market and paid 14.90€ for a tin trash bin and...

...after that I came back home, opened the box where I keep my laces! This one is a souvenir gift from my mom when she traveled in Portugal for about 23 years ago! Portugal is famous from its bobbin lace artisan culture. Now I decided it has became the time to use a piece of it in simple Scandinavian romantic style.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...