Sunday 29 December 2019

Recycled FurHood

Do you remember my FurHood -tutorial? Three years have passed by and dear MrW's old snowboarding jacket has become to the final end... after me using it for 3 years and him using it at least 5 years. Now it has been taken to there were all our waste is: to the factory that burns it all up turning the waste to heat energy for arctic living. 

That's why I had to buy a new outdoor jacket for myself. It came without the fur around the hood. Which is great because the faux fur is an environmental catastrophe. I took off the fur from the hood of the old jacket and sew it to my new jacket and here we go again. This is the 3rd jacket it is on and it still looks like new. 

Pay attention on the hood and the fur. In this jacket I sew it actually inside the hood. In that way it warms up even better because the fabric edge of the hood blocks out the wind better. In this way the fur settles down closer to my face even when the hood is not on.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...