Sunday 8 January 2017

FurHood -tutorial

I definitely am against fur farming in the meaning clothing and beauty business produces fur. (I even am against wool business because of animal rights at some points & areas where the faults do exist.) But I do accept and use wild fur which means the hunter catch wild game. The cold fact just is in my environment & climate that real natural materials are needed if you are living life style I am; going out a lot.

Oil drilling is a problem in clothing business when producing so popular faux fur. If we talk only about oil drilling it doesn't harm animals straight away or immediately during the action; always & often. But oil drilling causes many damages to the nature and the animals live in the nature; not to mention about the catastrophes transporting oil can cause when facing an accident.

But it is your choice and up to many cases. Is there wild fur available? Can you afford it? What ever you choose the point is to recycle. That is why I made this tutorial.

Here I use so called "silver fox" fur. It is just a shade of normal red fox (Vulpes vulpes). I got 3 skins 22 years ago. I still have 2 untouched and 1 partly used. These silver foxes are from fur farming and left over skins. But fur is everlasting if you keep it right.

You can take a look how to cut fur if you don't have recycled one for a hood. If you have recycled one, remove it carefully from the old hood by unpicking the seam.

When YoungLady was just a TinyToddler I placed this to the hood of her winter outdoor overall. The overall has been gone for ages but the fur has been stored. You need approximately as long piece of fur as the edge of the hood is. The good width is just 4 - 6cm: it depends on the length of the hair.

Here I have used cotton ribbon to make transferring the fur from a coat to another easier. First sew the ribbon to one edge and then to the other.

Then sew the fur from the cotton ribbon to hood edge; from the middle to the both sides (from top of the head to left and right, you need to measure the central points)

At first it seems to be all visible.

But when you shake and gently groom it a bit the seam hides away.

This is actually MrW's old outdoor jacket for snow boarding. He overgrew from it and I got it. Only fault with this old recycled jacket has been that I don't grow hair at face (yet) like MrW so I needed to do something about it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...