Friday 25 January 2019

TubeSrcaftNo4

I just finished my own design TubeScarfNo4. I used the one and only 50g ball of very old French yarn (88% acrylic, 12% wool) (50g = 90m). I inherit it from My GrandMother on 2010. The scarf match perfect to MyNewBoots Santa brought for Me on 2018 and TheMittens I bought forMySelf last summer from Svalbard.

And yes, there is fur around MyHood and on the hat. It is 100% ethic fur. Home made from self hunted wild fox in Lapland wilderness. When you live arctic, you need real stuff to warm you up. This pic was taken on -18 Celsius degrees; which actually is not cold at all for us. Faux fur gets frozen; even to your skin. If you are against industrial fur (I am) and have no change for wild fur, just use wool when visiting arctic. Faux fur is dangerous by your skin (causes frost bites) if you plan to outdoor in challenging weather but it also is a bit difficult environmental issue because you need oil to produce it. 

PS. It indeed is fox despite it is not red. We use all the parts of the animal. This lighter shade is from the stomach side.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...