Monday 29 June 2015

ScotlandStory (part 8)

Our ScotlandJourney was actually a graduation gift for MrW. According to the old Finnish tradition the high school graduated student gives so called Lyra for mother as a thank you gift for the upbringing and care; also for the celebration she organizes for the student after the graduation.

I didn't want this golden jewellery. Why? Well, it is very common piece of jewellery nowadays when education is self-evident in Finland. You don't see people to wear that jewellery anymore. I would just store it in a box and forget it. Despite it would be a gift from MrW. So I told him not to buy it. But I also told I want a jewellery from our journey in Scotland.

I love silver. I love thistles. Thistle happens to be National Emblem of Scotland. So what could be more appropriate than buy a piece of jewellery figured with thistle? It is a bracelet. It is from beautiful Fort William. I  * L O V E  * I T

I found also something special from Edinburgh Natural Skincare Company. It is Solid Hand Cream Bar with honey and essential oils. I wanted so much more but as we still were on backpack tour I could not grab all I wanted... because or bags were already full...

...full of books and maps. Young Lady fell in love with all the book shops; no matter sold they brand new or used books. And she really carried them all around the world!

MrW was fascinated also by maths and physics books he found as used.

And at the end; everything needed to be frozen and then dryed with care to avoid any bug to end up our home or damage our new and old books. We saw no any creepy bugs but we always do this just in case after travelling.

This is my new hat for all the comming winters. Made in Nepal but bought from Scotland as I didn't find any hand knitted hat styled more like this which would have been made in Scotland. So, despite it is summer, winter will always be there; knocking at my brains.

And yes, something else for Me&MySelf. I seek and seek something with BogMyrtle and this was all I found. A bit disapointed but still happy.

So, that finally was all about our ScotlandStory. Be brave and try out an adventure there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...