Monday 2 March 2015

On the road again

Again it was a time for a road trip through something where you can not trust in gps. Good old paper map won't fool you or leave in trouble. I had my BlanketNo4 with me.

I found a tiny treasure.

It all was up to pick up my exhibiton from Suomussalmi and put it up in Kuusamo. If you are around Kuusamo in March 2015, take a look at On Tour to see the details to find my art.

We stayed at Sokos Hotel Kuusamo. It is old and nostalgic, a bit retro too. But clean and absolutely worth of staying. Especially if you seek gluten free breakfast service. The staff is very helpful too. Ski Bus stop is right front of the hotel if you don' like to drive in Finnish Winter.

Kuusamon Uistin is MUST SEE place. If you are interested about fishing. It is just a tiny cosy factory shop. But there's a cafe and small fish tank and play table for kids too. Also clean toilets with heating. :)

Kalevi Oikarainen's statue is at the Ruka Ski centre.

The statue is impressing. I like its materials and contrasts.

The statue looks different on winter and summer.

And yes, I have been stitching a bit too.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...