Friday 19 September 2014

Apple green autumn

 Yes, it is autumn and the first frost mornings were up here already. But -to be honest- I have been longing for cold temperatures and cosy chilly moments.

I have started new carry on project. Oops, it's pink and apple green. And for Me&MySelf!!! No, I have not hit my head... later on you'll see these are the right shades. ;)

I needed to shorten my new jeans. It is amazing how long they make the legs to be! I doubt if anyone has such long skinny legs. Who is 14cm taller than I with similar weight???? Who really is such a zero size super model???

But, most angry I am because of it how they make the seams and machines these days. Modern sewing machines for home made purposes are too weak to cope with thick seams if you sew them in the correct way; folded like in the picture above.

That's why I do it in this way. First I neaten the edge and then fold it just once like this. This is how it looks inside...

...and this is how it looks at front side. No one notices the difference. Meaning the difference that it is not made in the old fashion school styled. The teacher said they need to be folded twice but modern machines just can't handle it! So, why not fold it just once if the edge is neaten?!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...