Friday 21 February 2014

First knitting challenge DONE!

Yeppee yeppee yeppee I did it I didi it I did it I did it!!!!! And guess what! I did it only once! Yes, just once!

I thought I have to knit it for several times but no -just once. I must admit I was very careful and had breaks to see how it begins to form out. I had days when I just kept it on the table to see how it looks and to understand what to do next. As I told before at my previous post it is my own design and I have the pattern of it only in my head.

I used two different kind of yarn. The details of them you can see here.

Believe me or not but I broke those bamboo knitting needles before finishing the pullover. It was the first time these needles were in use. So the lesson of the project is -rather cheaper equipment than expencive ones if the quality is the same or you can't see the difference.  I was lucky because these knitting needles were free sample so I paid nothing. I loved them but the plastic cord between them just got broken and loosed from another bamboo needle. No, I didin't pull and it was like cut off 1 cm far from the needle. And yes, it was possible to fix it by shorten the cord and take away the remaining piece from the needle -but I realized it too late.

See, it happen that the cat got very interesting and exiting toy. Finally she was allowed to touch my knitting needles. So much fun we had until I was told it can be fixed but the cord was already bitten so it all got too short at the end! But we had fun and that's the most important thing. :D


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...