Sunday 29 September 2013

Marmalade and memories

A week ago a friend sent me two banana boxes filled with apples which she had picked up from the garden of her own. It is a tasteful gift and she was happy about the long woollen socks I knit for her just to say thanks. Such old fashion trade. So my week has been full of appless. I've done juice, jam, cakes, pies and marmalade. Not to mention how much fresh apples we've been eating lately. I too have apple trees but they are young and this cold climate makes growing them more hobby than farming.

Below is the picture of the Project eternity part 2. There's two hunters having a break in woods. The next aim is to stitch the back ground and see if I need more also the blue yarn. The original moment for this break was over twenty years ago. The dog himself is dead by now but he was such a great character. Despite being partly wolf (which I don't recommend people to breed and have as a pet) with excellent training and his natural character he was the one on whom I trusted my tiny kids in woods by that time. He never let them get lost. He was huge but would not harm a fly without reason.

Stitching is such a relaxing free day thing for me to do. It really means much to me. More than chocolate and that is something very special. :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...