Sunday 6 March 2011

Lace and relaxing

Seeing your friend is always wonderful experience. If a friend lives far away it is good to spend a weekend with her. You always want to bring a special gift but what it could be. When going through books and magazines you are more sure about it that it has to be self made with love. Then you get the idea and work with it with passion. At the end when your friend sees her gift she knows it is espeacially made for her and she will hide her treasures into it.

 
When I was thinking about a gift for a friend I was inspired again by Agnes Delage-Calvet, Anne Sohier-Fournel, Muriel Brunet and Francoise Ritz. Good ideas were offered by their book Made in France at the pages 114 - 115. I fell in love with the cross stitch and back stitch designs which give the impression of lace. I realized that small cosmetic bag is a good gift idea to every woman. I used 14 count Aida fabric -which I found from my sewing box. The thread I used was white loose end of Coats Anchor Chain Mercer-Crochet 40 which I have got too many years ago from another friend of mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...