Sunday 13 February 2011

Ideas for card making

For years I have been making cards by myself. Cards can be very expecive or you may find them at a reasonable price.  Nowadays card making has been strongly commercialized. You need this and that to get succed. You need stamps, paper flowers, scrapbooking papers, buttons etc. My opinion to card making is that at the end you need open eyes, imagination and scissors. Everything else is just extra. So much free stuff end up to your home that it is not necessary to buy it all from a craft shop. Many things on planet earth are still re-useable even though we are living in the middle of the disposable culture.

This card is made from XZ Manga shampoo & conditioner gift box! Supplies for card making are all over you. You just have to open your eyes and see them. Card making can't get easier than this. It is good to cut pictures off a bit bigger than the print itself is and decide later how much space you need around or will you end up to use only a part of the picture.

So, now -in a hurry- when we realized we are missing a birthday card for a girl I went to see what I have at the storage and found this. I used small scissors for cutting. Then I made a hole at the top and hang a red ribbon so that the card can decorate girl's room later and remind her about the special day. (I must add that the red ribbon is from a chocolate gift box.)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...